NOTE: THIS SERVICE IS INCLUDED FREE OF CHARGE WITH OUR PACKAGES. IF YOU HAVE A PAID RESERVATION WITH US,
PLEASE REFER TO THE PLANNING PAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION. THANK YOU!
REQUIREMENTS TO GET MARRIED IN FLORIDA:
- You need a Florida marriage license. It doesn’t matter where you live – a license is required at the State you are getting married at.
- Both parties must be 18 years of age or older
- NO blood test is required
- NO physical exam is required
- NO residency is required
- NO Birth Certificate is required
- NO Divorce decree is required if you divorced more than 3 months ago. All you will need to know is the date the prior marriage(s) ended.
- US Citizens only: A social security number is required to obtain a marriage license; you don’t need the card, just the number.
- Witnesses are not required to get married in Florida
- Couples are required by law to read a handbook and sign a statement acknowledging that they have read the handbook before applying for the license.
- Marriage license valid 60 days from the date issued
- Effective January 6, 2015 same-sex couples can legally marry in Florida! The same requirements listed above apply.
Planning a Florida destination wedding but won’t have time to visit the Clerk’s office during business hours to get your Florida marriage license? Get Florida marriage license by Mail! Couples that are NOT Florida residents may hire a coordinator to help them obtain their marriage license by mail before they arrive to Florida. Destination Weddings of Orlando is authorized by the Lake County Clerk of the Courts to process Florida Marriage Licenses for couples who live out-of-State. You cannot do this service on your own, it must be through an approved coordinator and only a few Counties provide this service. You don’t need to get your Florida marriage license at the same County you are getting married at! The license is valid at any county throughout Florida.
MARRIAGE LICENSE BY MAIL FOR DESTINATION WEDDINGS FEE:
STANDARD SERVICE FEE – $200
LAST MINUTE SERVICE FEE – $325
Service fee includes the State’s License Fee (around $100), the coordinator’s service fee, and postal fees to mail your final license to you or to your Officiant.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
Notary fees to get the required documents notarized back home and your postal fees to mail the final documents to us are not included.
- We can start the process as early as 1 year before your wedding date.
- Standard Service Fee – $200: Pay this amount if your wedding date is more than six weeks away from today.
- Last Minute Service Fee – $325: Pay this amount if your wedding is six weeks or less away from today BUT no less than two weeks away. The latest we can start the process is two (2) weeks before your wedding if the final license will be shipped to a US address before the wedding, you return the complete application the same day you pay for your service AND you complete your required final portion within three days. NOTE: ADD AN EXTRA WEEK FOR HOLIDAY WEEKS!!!
HOW IT WORKS:
- FIRST, Pay applicable service fee (pay button at the bottom of the page)
- You will receive our custom marriage license application by email within 24 hours. We cannot use any generic or County form; it must be our form, which is designed by the County for coordinators only.
- Fill out the application and send it back to us via e-mail to us with a scanned copy of a State-issued ID.
- The coordinator will visit the Clerk of the Courts Office, drop off your application/paperwork, and pay the State’s fee.
- The Clerk’s Office will send the coordinator the actual license via email.
- You will receive an email from the coordinator with your license, and a list of instructions of what to do next to complete the process. Please be advised that this process will require that both the bride and groom, visit a Notary back home, and get their signatures notarized on the license.
- After you’ve notarized the license, you need to send it to us via Postal Mail
- The coordinator will visit the Clerk’s Office once more, and get the final approval and seal on your license.
- Once your license has being stamped and validated, the coordinator will send it to you or your Officiant.
Note to couples that do not live in the US: Please be advised that notarization is inexpensive and sometimes free for couples that live in the US, however, it can be expensive on other Countries; please take the additional cost into consideration.
CHECK US OUT!
We understand that many couples have doubts about this service because is only available through a few authorized coordinators in the State of Florida. Only a few Counties offer these services and they do require the use of a verified coordinator like us. You cannot call them up and do this on your own. Therefore, feel free to check us out with the County! To verify the legitimacy of our services, contact the Lake County Clerk of the Courts Office and ask them directly if Destination Weddings of Orlando is authorized to provide this service.